Visit My Tumblr Page Here

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Always and Forever

Weddings are the best dates.
They are romantic, hopeful, happy.
There is food, music, friends and family. (All of which I LOVE)

I love the celebration.
I love the way each couple puts their own "spin" into the ceremony.

We went to a great wedding this weekend! Shelley, one of Bernie's past students got married. In our church. With her best friends and family as bridesmaids (a couple of which were Bernie's students). Her brother (Bernie's student) was a groomsman and played guitar. Her parents are a couple we meet with once a month...they mentor us, share life with us...

Bernie sang...beautifully, worshipfully, joyfully, and honestly, for God, Daniel, and Shelley.

Daniel's mom prepared a beautiful and touching slideshow.

Robbie, her pastor who has watched her grow up since junior high, married them.

They dismissed the rows from the church so they could greet their guests.

Everything about the wedding was authentic, true Shelley and Daniel.


Daniel, looking at his new bride.


Bernie and Shelley


Jim and Laura, parents of the bride

Were we this young? Was our future this bright? Do I really have to be reminded?


Bernie looking and me, his new bride.


Yep, looks like we were pretty young (and thin...)

But, with years come memories. With years, come new priorities, new dreams. With years comes authentic and unconditional love...

And 10 years later, he is still my best friend, my groom, and my superman!

(Taken after the wedding on a walk on Lake Michigan)