Visit My Tumblr Page Here

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Fruit and Love

We went to a wedding last night. It was the first wedding that we attended of Bernie's past students. (Congrats Michelle and Christopher!) I LOVE weddings. Our wedding truly was the best day of my life. (Followed closely by the birth of our girls...)

I say this really annoying thing to people:

I am more in love with Bernie today than I was the day we got married.



Now, don't get me wrong. I was a bride floating on air...but I was in Love with the idea of us and our future. I mean, I married exactly who I said I would marry. (Because at that fresh young age, I thought I had control over everything that happened in my life...HA!) I married a musician with a strong family background, he was funny, cute, smart. He treated me well. We wanted the same things out of life. It was a perfect match.

Now, almost ten years later, I AM more in love with him than on that day -- July 10, 1999. I am in love with him and what we have...not the idea of what's to come. I love our experiences and challenges. How we've grown and changed. I love how we live in the NOW.

I have the Lord to thank for all this. Back when I was younger, my mom would say this old, kinda crude phrase, "you could fall into a pile of poop and come out smelling like a rose" and it is true. I live a charmed life. But now, I know there were fruits of the spirit working in me even back then. It was His presence all along...love, joy, peace patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. The bolded ones were always words that came up in my life. And the non-bold ones are continuing to be a work in progress.

I love things like weddings, and spring, and beginnings. Things that inspire me to look back and be grateful for what I have and have gone through (both good and bad).

Now...that was all deep stuff, so I gotta go do another post that lame and random.

Love...