Visit My Tumblr Page Here

Monday, May 25, 2009

Freedom is...

Happy Memorial Day. I like Memorial Day. Now that I don't have to be responsible for a parade or performance, I LOVE Memorial Day. It's the perfect time of year, it is also a sign that the summer (and no school) is coming.

Holidays like Memorial Day, Bernie (band directors) needs to work...do parades, ceremonies, etc. But, I don't mind sharing him with the community. If his job with the Maine West HS Band makes others' day a little more meaningful, it is a small sacrifice. Plus, he comes home around 1 pm which is way earlier than most days.



I love thinking about our freedom. I love that I have this freedom to randomly say what I want to say no matter how meaningless. I love that we have the freedom to pray on my daughter's public school playground. I love that my daughter has the freedom to ask questions about God in class cause she doesn't know any better. I love that my dad (and mom) have the freedom to cruise the country in the corvette he got 2 years ago today. I could go on and on...

I know that many people risked their lives for this freedom. I am grateful even though I don't understand politics and the military and foreign relations. (And that isn't flippant, I just don't.)

Well, speaking of freedom, my oldest is practicing hers by raiding the candy jar to bring daddy some treats for doing a good job at the parade...(and I need to make sure she's not going to reward herself now for thinking of her daddy).

Enjoy your freedom.