Visit My Tumblr Page Here

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Life of a Lonely Blog


It had been nearly a year since I updated my blog.  There were a few posts in between as I switched over to a new site that allowed me to share quotes, music, or shorter posts, but it didn’t take off.

It wasn’t the blog’s fault…it was the writer’s.

I enjoy writing my thoughts.  When what I am expressing seems too personal, I try to write in my journal.  But, in both cases this past year something got in the way.  Call it the performer in me.  Call it perfectionism.  At any rate, writing started to be a burden.  I started to think that I “better sound smart” or “share something worthwhile.”  That I (and others) will “read this in the future.”  And I allowed a wall to be built cutting off my expression and choking off the influence it has in the process of growth.

Then it was suggested to me to do a sort of abstract journal.  A sketchbook with no rules.  Clip out pictures.  Write words down.  Collect items and glue them on the pages.  It took off!

Only a week later I have not only began an exciting, new expression…I have broken through the wall of perfectionism and sparked the desire and ability to share my thoughts in the written form again.  (re:  2 blog posts in 2 days)

So, this is my promise to myself…I will make spelling errors.  I will misuse punctuation.  I will try to explain something and not always do it clearly.  I will post and not worry who or how many people read it.  I will use this blog, my personal journal, and my sketchbook to connect with my creator.  And, he sees past all my mistakes and worries.  Not because they are okay…but because He has redeemed me and through grace I am saved.

Loneliness has no place in 2011.  And I hope I’ll have a full blog, journal, and sketchbook at the end of the year to prove it!